Tuesday 7 December 2010

Final Product - Double Page Spread

My double page spread features an interview with my cover star, Jess, and an image. I decided to use a photo which would represent the character I was interviewing. Most music magazines have the cover star all airbrushed and dressed up but I wanted to go for a more casual effect. I think this worked.

I justified the text so I could clearly put them into coloumns and also so the reader can see who is talking in what section. I also bolded the title of the persons name/initials who was talking.

I decided to put a large title quote to captures the readers attention. A ellipses lets the reader think that a quote isn't finished and they want to see what else they said. I chose the quote "I'm NOTHING like what the MAGAZINES say...". I chose this because most people who are featured in the press can recieve harsh critism, so why should it be such a perfect world in the stereotypical girls magazine. I gave a drop shadow on the text to make it stand out more. I also decided to bold the words "nothing" and "magazines" as I believe these are the important words in the magazine, and the two words that the interviewee character would emphasise.

Like on the contents page, I have put the page numbers in small white drop shadow boxes. This makes them stand out clear. However, if I was to do this again, I would leave space for them.

When I put this into InDesign, I had a small section cut of due to the bleed of the page. In the future I will be more aware of the bleed.

No comments:

Post a Comment