Sunday 28 November 2010

Prelim Task - School Magazine

For our prelim, we have to design the front cover of a college or school magazine as well as the contents page.

This is the mock up of my front cover.



I am going to use red and blue as my main colours as this is the schools colour code. I want to have a mid-shot of a student with the building in the background, as this will make it feel more student-friendly. The student on the front wont be in a posed position, but just casual and candid. The shot will be mid-shot as this agrees with the conventions of magazines. The puffs - which are short lines that grab the readers attention - will be situated on the right. This is to catch the readers attention last (referring to the rule of thirds) and it will be fresh in their mind when they open the magazine.

The issue number will go in the top corner and the price and barcode will be in the bottom corner. This is because they aren't that important and are not meant to stand out as much.

This is my mock up of my contents page.




I have decided to use the same masthead as the cover one. This is to keep to the house style of the magazine. I have also carried on with the navy blue and red - as they are the school colours. The right side of the page will be a column with images and some text underneath - similiar to those TV magazines. The left side will have an editors note and the contents of the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment